From Panini’s The Knight’s Lance Blog:
In early April, Panini America will release 2011 Limited Baseball, a product with a proud legacy that truly lives up to its name, with just 249 complete base sets, the incorporation of real gold and silver, and the return of landmark button and batting helmet cards.
2011 Limited Baseball also will mark the company’s second use of its new multi-year trading card agreement with the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
Each seven-card pack of 2011 Limited Baseball will yield three autograph or memorabilia cards (with at least two autographs guaranteed and the possibility of three), and each 15-pack case will deliver an average of 43 autographs.
The checklist of signers includes top current MLBPA stars such as Josh Hamilton, David Wright, Matt Kemp and Dustin Pedroia, highly coveted 2011 draft picks and some of the greatest legends in baseball history, including Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr. and Don Mattingly. Many of the autographs will be incorporated on Panini Chromium cards.
- The 30-card Historical Cuts cut-autograph insert limited to five or less and including legends of baseball, other sports, entertainment and the political arena. Historical Cuts will deliver what is believed to be the first cut autograph of turn-of-the-century boxer Jack Johnson, as well as cuts from George Steinbrenner, Lucille Ball and Ben Hogan.
- The unique Rawlings Gold Gloves Signatures insert that includes an embedded piece of real 14-karat gold and an autograph on cards numbered to just 20 or less.
- The incorporation of game-worn or game-used memorabilia from “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Jimmie Foxx and more
- Silver Slugger Signatures featuring autographs and real pieces of silver on cards numbered to 49 or less
- Hard Hats, the industry’s first game-worn batting helmet cards in 10 years, numbered to 99
- The return of Button cards incorporating buttons from legendary game-worn jerseys numbered to three or less.