A collection of rare memorabilia from the personal collection of Hall of Famer Barry Larkin, including his first MLB hit baseball and jerseys from college, USA Baseball and the Reds are up for bids in the Goldin Auctions 2016 Winter Auction.
The 53 lots of memorabilia will be up for bids from January 11-30, online at www.GoldinAuctions.com. A preview will be open for viewing on Jan. 8.
“Barry Larkin is among the most popular players in Reds history, as he was born and raised in the Queen City and then played all 19 of his MLB seasons with his hometown Reds,” said Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions. “During his remarkable baseball life he was an Olympic champion, Rookie of the Year, World Series winner, MVP, 12-time All-Star and a Hall of Famer. We are honored to make these rare collectibles from his career available for the first-time.”
Larkin capped off a stellar career by being elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2012. During his 19-year career with the Reds, he was the top shortstop in the National League, earning three Gold Gloves and being selected to 12 All-Star teams. His career stats are among the best ever for a shortstop: 2,340 hits, 441 doubles, .295 avg., 198 HR, 960 RBI and 337 SB. Additionally, in 71 postseason at-bats, he batted .338 and led the Reds to the 1995 World Series over Oakland.
Here are a few of the highlight from the 53-lot Barry Larkin Collection. All items come with an LOA from Larkin. To register for the auction or to receive a free catalog, visit www.GoldinAuctions.com.
– Larkin’s game-used and inscribed University of Michigan baseball jersey
– 1984 Larkin full Olympic uniform with warm-up jacket, jersey and pants
– 1984 Olympic game ball signed by both President Ronald Reagan and Larkin
– Actual game-used ball from Larkin’s first MLB hit. Signed and inscribed (second MLB game – 8/13/86)
– 1989 Larkin All-Star Game-used and signed Reds road jersey
– 2000 Larkin game-used and signed Reds “Turn Back The Clock” home jersey
– 1993 Larkin game-used and signed All-Star game bat (PSA/DNA GU-10)
– Larkin game-used and signed batting helmet.