The rules were was given by James Naismith to his son Jimmy and then to Jimmy’s son Ian and his brothers and sisters. They have been displayed at various events, including Final Fours and NBA venues. The family has, until now, resisted numerous offers to sell what has been described as the hoops Magna Carta.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale