Welcome to Beat the Blogger. Rules are below. Enter each week,
pick the most games correctly and win a signed 8×10. That simple.
We have a lot of winners this week, all which picked 9 of 10 correctly and got the tiebreaker correct as well. Congratulations to Mathew Gilman, Eddie “Onions” Weiss, Howard B, Kris and Angie.
Between this week and last, I need e-mail address (or addresses) of the following people: Cyrus Gilman, Mathew Gilman and Angie. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week’s match-ups are posted below.
I ask contestants to post their e-mail
address with their picks so I can track down the winners easier.
For those unfamiliar with the Beat the Blogger contest, the idea is
simple. The Blogger posts 10 match-ups each week and then selects his
choices for the winners of those match-ups. Contestants enter the Beat
the Blogger contest by clicking on the “Comment” section below the post
with the match-ups and then select their own winners. Please fill out the tie-breaker question at the end.
If you Beat The
Blogger’s total and post the high score for the week, you win. The
regular weekly prize is asigned 8-by-10 photo of a professional athlete.
Week of March 14 match-ups: All NCAA Tourney Games on Thursday and Friday – so get picks in early
(with Blogger’s picks in parenthesis)
(6) Xavier vs. (11) Marquette (Xavier)
(4) Wisconsin vs. (13) Belmont (Belmont)
(8) Michigan vs. (9) Tennessee (Tennessee)
(7) Temple vs. (10) Penn State (Penn St.)
(7) Washington vs. (10) Georgia (Washington)
(7) UCLA vs. (10) Michigan State (MSU)
(2) San Diego St. vs. (15) UNCO (UNCO)
(8) UNLV vs. (9) Illinois (Ill)
(5) Arizona vs. (12) Memphis (Arizona)
(5) Vanderbilt vs. (12) Richmond (Vandy)