To celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary, beginning today, fans will have the chance to go to http://vote.topps.com to vote for their favorite Topps baseball cards of all-time. Voting will be live for 30 days. Based on the opinions of avid card collectors and Topps fans, the cards will be counted down from number 60 beginning on December 18 through February 15 when the greatest baseball card in Topps history will be revealed.
Topps will then buy back each of the 60 cards that made the list and include them in 2011 Topps Series 1 Baseball product.
“Every collector has their own personal favorite card and now the Topps 60 countdown will give fans a forum to have their voices heard in determining the most popular card of all-time,” said Warren Friss, Topps V.P. –General Manager. “The countdown will certainly stir up friendly debate between fans and we look forward to creating buzz and excitement around the availability of these top cards in our upcoming 2011 product.”
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale