Legendary Auctions will feature the personal collection of hockey icon Phil Esposito in a November auction that will include Esposito’s game-used equipment, awards, rings, autographs and artwork.
The Esposito Collection
Spanning from Phil Esposito’s childhood in the 1940s up through his franchise ownership in the 1990s, the collection features heavy emphasis on Esposito’s 1969-74 glory years with the Boston Bruins, 1972 Summit Series world championship and 1979-81 swan-song seasons.
• 1969-70 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Award – Esposito’s First Stanley Cup
• 1972 Team Canada “Team of the Century” Award and Ring
• 1973 Signed Leg Cast from Playoff Injury
• 1973-74 Lester B. Pearson Trophy
• 1977 LeRoy Neiman Original Sketch Portrait
• Historic 1979/80 Signed and Inscribed 700th Goal Game Used Stick
• 1980-81 Signed and Inscribed Final Game-Used Stick
• 1980-81 Final Game Used Gloves and Skates
• 1984 Hall of Fame Induction Plaque and Ring
• Original 6-Foot Boston Garden Retired Number Banner
• 1992-93 Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Ring – 1 of 3 Made
What’s more, this major hockey auction will also showcase elite collectibles relating to Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky, such as:
• Historic 1970 Bobby Orr Stanley Cup-Winning Puck – “The Goal”!
• Bobby Orr 1975/76 Boston Bruins Signed Game Used Home Jersey – Final Boston Season
• Wayne Gretzky Early-to-Mid-1980s Edmonton Oilers Game Used Helmet
• Wayne Gretzky 1990s L.A. Kings Signed Game Used Jersey.
The Esposito Legacy
A fiery leader and tough-as-nails scoring machine, Hall of Fame center Phil Esposito played his heart out for 18 NHL seasons (1964-1981). At the peak of his prowess, Esposito anchored the Big Bad Bruins to 2 Stanley Cup championships; shattered existing single-season records with an unheard-of 76 goals, 152 points and 550 shots on goal; captured 5 Art Ross Trophies and 2 Hart Memorial Trophies; and tallied a series-high 13 points for Team Canada in their epic 1972 Summit Series victory over the Soviet Union.