(This story originally appeared on www.jsonline.com)
Within 20 minutes of Trevor Hoffman notching his 600th save Sept. 7, the Brewers Team Store sold out of 1,000 “600 Saves” T-Shirts. The shirts are one of several items being produced to commemorate the occasion.
While another shipment is on re-order, the Brewers are offering vouchers to fans guaranteeing that they will receive a shirt when the second shipment arrives. The vouchers, priced at $25 adults/$20 kids each, are available beginning Sept. 8 in the Team Store. Because quantities will be limited, there is a maximum of two vouchers per customer. Customers will be able to bring their vouchers in to redeem for the shirts starting next Sept. 13.
The T-Shirt is available at this time only through the Team Store. It is not available online or through any other retailers.
In addition, a series of limited edition “600 Saves” Lithographs are being produced and will be available for purchase in the Team Store later this week. Fewer than 150 will be available to the public. The lithograph is of the same artwork presented to Hoffman by the Brewers to recognize the 600th save. The painting was created by noted artist Janet Olney.
There are options for purchasing the lithographs in the Team Store:
* 51 copies (representing his uniform number) have been autographed and numbered by Trevor Hoffman (unframed $250 each; framed $500).
* 60 additional prints are not autographed and unframed ($25 each).
A small number of these lithographs will also be available through the auction section of Brewers.com. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of all of the lithographs will support charities of Hoffman’s choice.
There is also a very limited quantity of numbered commemorative “600 Saves” pennants still available in the Team Store. Of the original 600 manufactured, fewer than 100 remain. They are priced at $8 each.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale