Guests at the 19th installment of the renowned show include:
- Reggie Jackson “Mr. October” – 5x World Champion, 1973 and 1977 World Series MVP 1973 AL MVP, 2x Silver Slugger, 14x All-Star (Saturday)
- Carlton Fisk “Pudge” – 1972 AL ROY, Gold Glove, 3x Silver Slugger, 11x All-Star (Sunday)
- Bobby Shantz – 1952 AL MVP, 1958 World Series Champ, 8x Gold Glove (Saturday)
- 1969 New York Mets World Champions team members Ron Swoboda, Cleon Jones, Jim McAndrew, and Ed Charles
- 1979-1980, 1980-1981, 1981-1982 and 1982-1983 Stanley Cup Champion New York Islanders Mike Bossy (HOF), Billy Smith (HOF), Clark Gillies (HOF), and Bobby Nystrom.
Tickets are just $8, and free for ages 10 and under. Ticket holders are given free copies of SCD, children receive free packs of cards, and there is free entry into door prizes. Select guests provide autographs free of charge.
Free autograph guests include:
- Ron Bloomberg – long-time New York Yankee and the first (DH) designated hitter (Saturday, 1-3 p.m.)
- Glenn ‘Chicho’ Resch – 1979-1980 New York Islander Stanley Cup Champion (Saturday, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- Jack Dilauro – member of the 1969 New York Mets team (Sunday, 12 noon -1:30 p.m.).
“Our events are all about sports fans having fun,” said Brian Coppola, JPRS promoter. “Ron Bloomberg is the most fun person you will meet. He takes over the room as soon as he enters and he shares his personality with anyone. Both kids and adults love him.”
The Long Island National #19 will host more than 165 vendors and more than 300 tables of sports cards and memorabilia. Beckett Media, Sportscard Guaranty, JSA Authentication and Ace Autograph Certification will be on hand at the event.
The company’s commitment to creating a quality event at a reasonable cost has grown its popularity and size over the past nine years. “It is important to us to allow the customer to enjoy the hobby and show without having to spend a lot of money,” Coppola said. “Some people just want some fun and at a nominal cost, and we enjoy giving. We also feel it’s important to support local sports teams with fundraising and local charities.”
For the sports enthusiast who can not attend, JPRS also offers a seamless mail order service, where fans can send an item and have it signed exactly as if they were there in person.
The Long Island National #19 will run Saturday 10-5 p.m. and Sunday 10-4 p.m. at Hofstra University (Mack Center, 100 Hofstra Blvd., Hempstead, NY 11549 / 631-243-1028). Parking is free.
For autograph pricing and additional information on the show, including updates, visit www.nyshows.org.