Every auction house does it. They send out calls for consignments, announcing which cities they will be visiting.
Leland’s is a bit different. They form a “hit list” – high dollar items they are seeking and the high dollars they will pay out to get them.
The company’s latest trip is to Boston Sept. 2-5, a city filled to the brim in sports history. From Ruth to Williams to Orr, the list of sports stars and historical moments is long and worthy.
With that backdrop, Leland’s hit list is long and could be fruitful for those with the artifacts in hand. Here is a sampling of what Leland’s is looking for and the possible dollar amount they will pay out:
- Cy Young Boston Red Sox game-worn jersey: $1 million
- Babe Ruth 1935 Boston Braves game-worn jersey: $500,000
- Bobby Orr 1970 Stanley Cup Finals “flying” jersey: $250,000
- Jimmie Foxx Boston Red Sox game-worn jersey: $250,000
- Mike “King” Kelly game-used bat: $100,000
- Carlton Fisk Game 6 game-used home run bat: $100,000
- Bill Russell game-used Boston Celtics jersey: $50,000
- John L. Sullivan championship boxing belt: $50,000
- John Havlicek “stole the ball” game ball: $50,000
- Doug Flutie 1984 Boston College “Hail Mary” game-worn jersey: $50,000
- Boston Marathon Reed & Barton first place winner’s trophy: $25,000.
Heck, they are even looking for smoked cigars belonging to Red Auerbach.
If you have any of these items or other Boston artifacts of note, contact Lelands at 516-409-9700 or visit www.lelands.com.