A collection of rare memorabilia from the personal collection of Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt, including his 1979 N.L. Gold Glove Award, 1974 Sultan of Swat Crown, several milestone home run baseballs and bats and even his Little League Baseball cap are up for bids in the 2015 Goldin Auctions Summer Auction.
Three of the marquee items will be sold at the Premium Live Auction on July 31, during the National Sports Collector’s Convention, while the other 18 lots will be up for bid from July 8-Aug. 8, online at www.GoldinAuctions.com.
“There was tremendous excitement for the first half of the Mike Schmidt Collection in our fall auction since it is rare for such historic items from a modern player of Schmitty’s stature to be available,” said Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions. “The chance to once again offer this many of his historic home run baseballs, bats, awards and personal items in a single auction is thrilling for us and a rare opportunity for collectors.”
To register for the auction and receive a free catalog, visit www.GoldinAuctions.com. Some of the key items in the 21-lot collection include:
– 1979 N.L. Gold Glove Award
– 1974 Babe Ruth Sultan of Swat HR Crown
– 1987 Game-Used Bat used to hit career HRs #504 and #505 on 5-9-87 versus Cincinnati Reds right-hander Bill Gullickson.
– Historic Bats & Baseballs: 1988 game-used bat for career HR #540 (7-24-88 vs Danny Darwin); career HR baseball #494 passing Gehrig (9-15-86 vs Rick Rhoden); career HR baseball #502 (5-1-87 vs Mario Soto); career HR baseball #510 and also his 2,000th career hit ball (6-14-87 vs Curt Brown); 1979 HR #44 Baseball (9-22-79 vs Steve Rogers); 1,001st career hit ball (6-13-80 vs Randy Jones).
– Awards: game-used Little League baseball cap from childhood; 1980 N.L. Player of the Year Award from KC Baseball Awards Dinner; 1976 Mel Ott Memorial Award; Clark C. Griffith Memorial Award; Nike All-Star Club Award; 1974 All-Star Game Cup Set; 1971 College All-American Award Certificate; matted and framed retirement confirmation letter from MLB; MLB All-Century Team Award; 1986 N.L. All-Star Ring (MVP Season); Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame Induction Plaque; and more.
The Premium Live Auction will be held on July 31, at the Muvico 18 Theater in Rosemont, Ill., located just a mile from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, the site of the National Sports Collector’s Convention. It will include 100 live lots of premium high-value sports memorabilia, each valued at more than $10,000.
Some of the other Premium Live Auction Lots are: five items from The Andre Dawson Collection including his 1987 N.L. MVP Award;1920s Babe Ruth game-used and signed bat; a 1925-32 Ruth game-worn New York Yankees cap; Christy Mathewson’s 1905 World Series Game 5 bat signed by his teammates (PSA 10/MEARS 10); a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA NM-MT 8; a 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie (PSA NM 7); Hank Greenberg game-used and signed Tigers cap; Mike Tyson’s Heavyweight Championship Belt from unifying the title; and more.