Jackie Robinson’s 1947 Rookie of the Year Award (with a letter from his widow, Rachel), a T206 Honus Wagner (graded PSA 2), St. Louis Cardinals legend Red Schoendienst’s personal collection and the jersey worn by Christian Laettner when he made “The Shot” for Duke against Kentucky in the 1992 NCAA Tournament are among the one-of-a-kind sports memorabilia being offered as part of the Lelands Fall 2013 Catalog Auction, which is live now and closes Jan. 10.
The auction, at www.lelands.com, also includes the personal collections of Juan Gonzalez and Livan Hernandez, Hall of Fame infielder Rabbit Maranville’s 1914 Boston Braves World Championship ring, a rare 1961 Topps Dice Game Willie Mays PSA 6 and a 1955 game-used Mays bat, as well as the original street sign from the Brooklyn Dodgers’ Ebbets Field. Now that’s a list. But there’s more.
In addition, the auction will feature hockey legend Gordie Howe’s game-used rookie skates and stick, a 1980 “Miracle on Ice” Olympic silver medal awarded to the Soviet Union and boxing great Floyd Patterson’s personal collection, including a robe he wore versus Muhammad Ali.
“This is one of the best collections of sports memorabilia in the more than 30 years that we’ve been running sports auctions,” said Lelands.com Founder and Chairman Joshua Evans.
Among the vintage Schoendienst sports memorabilia up for auction include his Hall of Fame presentation plaque, a 1967 game-worn St. Louis Cardinals jersey, a 1957 Milwaukee Braves jersey, a Red Schoendist bronze sculpture by Harry Weber, his MLB signed contract collection and St. Louis Cardinals National Championship rings from several different years.
Additionally, Lelands will be auctioning off Jim Thorpe’s moccasins, an Abraham Lincoln 1860 baseball print, a one-of-a-kind 1887 Allen & Ginter “World Champion” framed poster used to promote the classic N28 baseball card set and a 1930s Giants barnstorming bat crate.
Other highlights from the Lelands.com Fall 2013 Catalog Auction include:
• 1909 T206 Sweet Caporal Honus Wagner PSA 2.
• 1992 Christian Laettner Duke jersey from “The Shot”
• 1976 Boston Celtics NBA World Championship ring
• 1940s New York Rens game-worn warm-up jacket.
Juan Gonzalez Collection
• 1996 Juan Gonzalez American League Most Valuable Player Award
• 1992 Juan Gonzalez Babe Ruth Crown
• 1996 Juan Gonzalez Silver Slugger Award
• 1997 Juan Gonzalez Roberto Clemente Award.
Livan Hernandez Collection
• 1997 Livan Hernandez World Series Most Valuable Player trophy
• 1997 Livan Hernandez Florida Marlins World Championship ring
• 2002 Livan Hernandez San Francisco Giants National League Championship ring
• 2004 Livan Hernandez Silver Slugger Award
• First pitch baseball from the first Washington Nationals game in modern history.
• Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers (circa 1979-80) team equipment bag
• 1970-71 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Trophy presented to players.
Floyd Patterson Collection
• Floyd Patterson check collection
• Floyd Patterson 1960 Edward J. Neil Award
• Floyd Patterson robe worn during his last fight.
• 1914 Rabbit Maranville Boston Braves World Championship ring
• 1999 New York Yankees World Championship ring
• 1998 New York Yankees World Championship Ring
• 2011 St. Louis Cardinals World Championship ring
• 1975 Cincinnati Reds World Championship ring
• 1976 Cincinnati Reds World Championship ring
• 1983 Baltimore Orioles World Championship ring
• 2000 New York Mets National League Championship ring.
• 1870s-1880s Yale football and baseball collection including the earliest known Michigan program
• Dwight Eisenhower letters with tremendous Army Football content
• 2010 Ryan Clark Pittsburgh Steelers game-worn playoff jersey
• 1963 San Diego Chargers AFL Championship ring.
For more information on the sale, visit www.lelands.com or call (631) 244-0077.