There is something wonderful about participating in an auction where you can bid on high-grade singles, unique photos, complete sets and game-used pieces from some of the greats of the game.
An upcoming source for such an auction is Huggins and Scott, which will present its latest selection starting Mar. 26 and running through April 5. Along with a fantastic array of sports items, the auction will also feature unique coins and a pair of Marilyn Monroe worn high heels.
The game-used selection is headlined by a 1968 Detroit Tigers road uniform worn by Don Wert (with letter from Wert) and a Hank Aaron 1975-76 Milwaukee Brewers game-used road jersey with a COA from Grey Flannel.
Another game-used beauty is a 1929-30 game-used and signed bat belonging to George “High Pockets” Kelly. The bat is graded PSA/DNA GU 8.5.
Other game-used pieces include a Wert glove, Miguel Cabrera bat and more bats used by the likes of Ozzie Smith, Frank Thomas, Kirby Puckett and Chipper Jones.
There are some impressive graded singles in this auction, as the following list can attest:
- 1909-11 T206 White Borders Sherry Magee (Magie) Error, PSA 1
- 1909-11 T206 White Borders Ty Cobb (Green Portrait), PSA 4
- 1912 S81 Silk No. 108 Christy Mathewson, SGC Authentic
- 1953-1955 Mickey Mantle No. 111 Dormand 9-by-12 postcard
- 1914 Cracker Jack No. 37 Grover Alexander, SGC 20
- 1911-14 D304 Brunners Bread Ty Cobb, SGC 20
- 1912 T227 Honest Long Cut Ty Cobb, SGC 30
- 1954 Wilson Franks Ted Williams, SGC 40
- 1902 W600 Sporting Life James Collins Cabinet, PSA 4.5 (highest graded)
- 1933 DeLong No. 7 Lou Gehrig, PSA 5
- 1961 Bazooka No. 29 Warren Spahn (hand cut), PSA 10 (only and highest graded).
Other rarities offered will be a Rocky Marciano single-signed baseball with full JSA LOA; Roberto Clemente 1960s game-worn Pittsburgh Pirates cap with LOA from Durwood Merrill; 1966-67 Bobby Hull Chicago Blackhawks salesman’s sample Stanley Cup ring; 1885 Boston Beaneaters stock certificate signed by club president Arthur Soden; rare 1888 “Galaxy of the National League” George Hastings large-format print; 1880 James Garfield signed two-page letter, PSA/DNA 10; 1964 Meadow Gold Dairy complete carton with Mantle, Mays, Koufax and Mazeroski; Dempsey-Tunney Sept. 27, 1927, “Long Count” ringside full ticket, PSA 3; 1920s Ty Cobb original Benjamin Candy Co. box; and the only known example of a Walter Johnson 1925 “Milk For You and Me” movie slide.
Complete sets in the auction include 1963 Fleer Baseball complete PSA-graded set (all PSA 8), numerous Topps Baseball complete sets from the 1950s through the 1970s, 1934 U-1 Diamond Baseball matchbooks (silver border) near set (191/200), 1963 Salada-Junket Baseball coins complete set, 1948 Bowman Football complete set in original album and 1941 Play Ball near set (60/72) with (14) PSA-graded 5-7.
For more information on this auction, visit www.hugginsandscott.com or call (866) 462-2273.