SCP Auctions’ Summer Auction amassed more than $2.2 million when it came to a close on Aug. 10. Among the top lots were a 1934 Goudey No. 37 Lou Gehrig Gem Mint SGC 10 that sold for $125,332; a 1916 Famous & Barr No. 151 Babe Ruth rookie card VG PSA 3 that sold for $51,450; a 1980-1981 Topps Basketball No. 34 Larry Bird/No. 139 Magic Johnson rookie card that sold for $60,667; and Travis Jervey’s 1996 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XXXI Championship Ring that sold for $37,610.
The sale, which featured more than 1,200 lots, and several athlete-direct collections, produced strong prices throughout. Dan Imler, vice president of SCP, said, “We are thrilled with the response to this sale. The diversity and quality of the material attracted a broad range of collectors. The competition was strong throughout every category resulting in some incredible prices.”
Other highlights of the auction include:
- 1991 Washington Redskins Super Bowl XXVI Championship ring Issued to Bobby Wilson – $30,343
- Late 1980s Larry Bird game-worn and signed
Converse shoes – $27,349
- Historic 2011 Mariano Rivera game-used and signed home plate from Rivera’s 600th save – $24,148
- 1949 Bowman No. 224 Satchell Paige MINT PSA 9 (1/8) – $20,724
- Bill Russell’s 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Championship ring – $20,724
- Bill Russell’s 1977 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship ring (Russell LOA) – $20,035
- Michael Jordan signed rookie era Nike Air Jordan Shoes – $18,678
- 1954 Topps No. 250 Ted Williams MINT PSA 9 – $17,126
- Roger Maris single-signed OAL (Mac Phail) baseball – $14,351
Full auction results are available at www.scpauctions.com.