(This story originally appeared on www.sportscollectorsdaily.com)
The National Football League and NFL Players Association will support October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with its largest on-field presence including a second straight year of game-worn memorabilia auctions.
In collaboration with the American Cancer Society, the initiative, called “A Crucial Catch: Annual Screening Saves Lives,” encourages women 40 and older about the importance of having an annual mammogram.
Pink NFL game ball Beginning on Oct. 3 and continuing throughout the month, NFL Breast Cancer Awareness games will feature:
- Game balls with pink ribbon decals used for every down
- Players wearing pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, chin straps, sideline caps, helmet decals, eye shield decals, captains’ patches, sideline towels and quarterback towels
- Pink coins used for the coin toss
- Pink sideline caps for coaches and sideline personnel and pink ribbon pins for coaches and team executives
- Officials wearing caps with pink ribbons, pink wristbands and pins and using pink whistles
- On-field pink ribbon stencils and A Crucial Catch wall banners
- Pink goal-post padding in end zones
For the rest of the story, click here.