Once again, Topps will be bringing the Heritage brand to a minor league baseball card set, dubbed appropriately, 2012 Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball, that is expected to ship the week of Sept. 10.
The top minor league stars will be presented on the classic 1963 Topps Baseball design. A couple of special promotions in the set include, “Make Your Pro Debut” where one lucky collector will get the chance to be a pro player for a day with the Corpus Christi Hooks in 2013 and get their own baseball card in 2013 Topps Pro Debut. Plus, you get to meet owner Nolan Ryan.
Here are more details on that special day:
- Press conference & photo ops to announce winner and sign a one-day contract
- Locker in the Corpus Christi clubhouse (or auxiliary for female winner)
- A complete uniform (cap, jersey, pants, socks, spikes)
- Equipment (Wilson glove, Louisville Slugger bat, Franklin batting glove, Rawlings helmet)
- Pre-game warm-up/stretches with team
- Pre-game batting practice
- Shag fly balls in outfield
- Post-BP snacks in Clubhouse
- Present lineup with Manager
- Ceremonial first pitch
- Spend time in broadcast booth and be interviewed by broadcaster
- Spend time (with your guest) in the owner’s suite with Hooks owner and baseball legend Nolan Ryan
- Post-game meal with team
- Presented with official dugout lineup card after game
- Winner will have their very own “Pro Debut” trading card featured in the 2013 Topps Pro Debut release.
There will also be full item redemptions where collectors can find redemptions for game-used items from minor league players.
Each box will include two autographed cards and one relic card. Numerous parallels will be conducted throughout the set.