The Willie Stargell Collection is included in SCP Auctions’ 2017 Spring Premier Online Auction. Bidding opens May 24, with the auction concluding June 10.
The late Hall of Fame first baseman for the Pittsburgh Pirates, affectionately called “Pops” by teammates and fans alike, led by example with his booming bat and steady glove. During his career he hit 475 home runs, drove in 1,540 runs and was named the 1979 National League MVP.
The Willie Stargell Collection is comprised of 12 lots, including:
• 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Champions 10K gold ring
• 1988 National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction ring
• 1979 National League Most Valuable Player Award
• 1978 Fred Hutchinson Award presented by Baseball Writers of America
• 1979 Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers game-worn helmet from the Willie Stargell Collection
• 1973 Babe Ruth Sultan of Swat Crown Award
• 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Champions personal player trophy
• 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Champions personal player trophy
• 1979 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award
• 1962-82 Rawlings Career Gold Glove Award
• 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series Champions 10K gold ring – issued to him as a coach
• Personally owned 18K gold Rolex GMT-Master watch
Each item is accompanied with a letter of authenticity from the Stargell family.
For more information visit, www.scpauctions.com.