As excitement builds with the start of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa Panini America (www.paniniamerica.net) has launched its marketing efforts to introduce the official 2010 FIFA World Cup Sticker collection for the first time in the United States at major U.S. retailers and online at www.eurosport.com. Panini’s role as the official licensed trading card and sticker collections manufacturer for the FIFA World Cup dates back to the 1970 FIFA World Cup in Mexico and will be sold globally in over 100 countries in 2010.
The official 2010 FIFA World Cup Sticker Album features stickers of the 10 stadiums the World Cup matches will be played in South Africa and all 32 teams competing in this year’s World Cup including Mexico, Spain, England, Brazil, the United States and defending Champion, Italy. Some of the highlights include:
· Each team features 17 players.
· USA team features soccer stars Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, DaMarcus Beasley and Tim Howard
· England team features Wayne Rooney and global soccer icon David Beckham, marking what could be the last time David Beckham will appear in a World Cup album as member of the England team
· Brazil team features global soccer star Ronaldinho
· Argentina team features FIFA world Player of the year Messi
“Every four years the world gathers for one of the world’s most exciting sporting events, the FIFA World Cup. For 40 years Panini has been a part of that excitement, creating memories for parents and new joy for children as they collect and support their national teams with the official FIFA World Cup Sticker Collection. The FIFA World Cup sticker collection sells more packets globally than any other collectable, and we are very pleased to bring this excitement to the U.S.” said Mark Warsop, CEO Panini America, Inc.
As part of the marketing effort, Panini will distribute more than 1.75 million free FIFA World Cup Sticker Album Starter Packs across the country. The efforts will also include a presence at select MLS soccer games and youth clinics, newspaper insertions in leading Hispanic media including impreMedia and UniVision, the soccer catalog EuroSport and other grassroots sampling.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff